The mission of the organization is to raise funds to further enhance the academic programs of the Olentangy Local School District.
The Olentangy Education Foundation was founded in 1990 as a non-profit, independent organization. A volunteer Board of Trustees conducts the business of the Foundation. It’s original name, Olentangy Pride Foundation, was changed to the Olentangy Education Foundation in 2004.
The Foundation collects charitable contributions from donors, and partners with our school district to support and fund enhanced educational experiences for all students.
Over its history, the Foundation has funded over $700,000 in grants and scholarships.
OEF’s initiatives are focused on providing staff grants for innovative programs and learning opportunities for which tax dollars are not available, and recognizing outstanding staff members.
As OEF looks toward the future, the ultimate goal is to increase contributions so the Foundation can reach endowed status and expand the benefits it provides to our schools. We hope you will consider exploring and supporting the opportunities and events that OEF offers.
The Olentangy Education Foundation’s primary fundraising events each year include:
- Annual Golf Outing
- Annual Spirit of Olentangy Community Event
- Staff Commendation Program
- During the 2017-18 school year we awarded over $45,000 in teacher grants and $10,000 in scholarships.
- We have funded grants and donations in every school in the district, including Olentangy Academy.
- We have impacted thousands of students and alumni in the Olentangy Local School District.
- As the district grows, our requests and needs increase as well.